Wednesday 5 August 2015

johnny's bird revisited

I should be working but instead I'm rekindling my love affair with johnny's bird. I originally discovered this beautiful collection of photographs back in 2010, a mere 6 months after beginning kurtcouture (yes, my blog is 5 years old now!).


The photographer is Moni Haworth, a London based photographer who shunned the professional, well-lit safety of the studio and turned to the gritty, vintage, non-models who just don't give a fuck. You can practically hear the Hole soundtrack that would perfectly accompany these photos. You can smell the musty dinge of the grimey bedrooms. And you can sense the undeniable freedom. Moni chooses her models on their carefree attitude, and this jumps out of the shots and slaps you right in the neat and tidy face.


Her influences are trashy americana, David Lynch movies and the whole boy/girl on the run kinda vibe.




And did I mention how adorable the couples are?





Procrastination at it's sweetly grubbiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment